Support for sexual problems

Sexual symptoms

Many women experience sexual problems like painful intercourse, difficulties in reaching orgasm, vaginal dryness and lack of sexual desire.

Effect on sexual relationship with partner

This can affect your relationship with your partner. Sometimes a lubricant can help with vaginal dryness and improve symptoms. You can contact your GP to prescribe this for you.

Specialist care

Specialised sexual support is available from some NHS Trusts. The Oxford Rose Clinic provides this support for you. This service is entirely confidential.

All health care related to FGM is free, regardless of a woman’s immigration status in the UK.

See: NHS entitlements: migrant health guide